From the link:
These classes are a combination of the beginner and intermediate courses.
The class will revolve around the basics of low power/qrp/covert operation with low-profile/improvised antennas, and communications monitoring focused for VHF/UHF COMINT. It is strongly advised that the attendee have at least a general class ham license, as HF operation will be involved. If you don’t have a general license, you can do a COMINT/monitoring track on the Sunday FTX.
Topics to be discussed will include:
- Considerations for III%er/Grid-Down Communications
- Equipment Selection
- Improvised Antennas
- Low Profile/Covert Operations
- Basic Cryptographic Systems and Techniques
- Non-Radio Communications Options
- IFF (Identification Friend/Foe) and Interoperability System Considerations
- Basic Improvised Surveillance/Security Systems – Off The Shelf Solutions
- VHF/UHF Communications Monitoring/COMINT (Communications Intelligence) Equipment and Systems
- Basic COMINT and COMINT Analysis